Custom Ski Boot Fitting with a Comfort Guarantee
Ski boots come in many different shapes and sizes and we pride ourselves on our boot-fitting expertise. All our ski boots fitted in-store come with a comfort guarantee where all fitting and refitting is free of charge (excluding footbeds).
Back for 2018/19 – Out-of-Hours Ski Boot Fitting
After some very busy weekends with ski boot sales we have decided to offer an out-of-hours boot fitting service. So, if you can't get to the shop during our regular opening hours here's a perfect opportunity to get a pair of custom-fitted ski boots—when it suits you.
We advise putting two hours aside for a boot fit and within reason (2am in the morning might not be received with a great deal of enthusiasm) and we can accomodate you before and after our regular opening hours.
This offer will be valid until the end of the year and only for 2018/19 season boots.
Book a one-to-one appointment
All our ski-boot fitting appointments are on a one-to-one basis and we recommend you allow up to two hours for an in-store fitting. During the main ski season we suggest you book in advance. Due to the shop being very busy at weekends we can only make appointments for weekdays and weekday evenings. At weekends we fit new boots on a first-come, first-served basis, but don't worry you won't have to wait long and we always have plenty of tea and coffee.
Ski Boot Fitting Process
A typical ski boot fitting session consists of:
- Careful measurement of each foot, weighted and un-weighted, using the Brannock Device.
- Shell selection is made from the information given to us by the Brannock, your skiing experience, weight, ankle-shape and calf-shape.
- To achieve the best fit a footbed is sometimes introduced.
- Several suitable ski boots will be tried on and the best fitting boot may be moulded to the skier, at the same time the shell may be stretched to offer a more customised fit.
- Finally, before being used for skiing the ski boots need to be broken in at home and we recommend allowing a couple of weeks for this.
The ski boots can be brought back for free re-fitting by simply booking a refit appointment.
Buy Ski Boots Online
If you do not want to use our expert fitting service or cannot get to our shop, we have a wide range of ski boots available to buy online, however, we recommend that they are professionally fitted before use.