The line between all-mountain skiing and freeride touring has been blurring for a while. And now we’ve created the first ever boot to do the same! Meet Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD. What makes it a game-changer is it’s a top performer in both arenas not a compromise: it brings you the legendary feel, skiing power and all-mountain capability of Hawx with the epic natural movement of Backland. This 130 top model also brings you a fully Grilamid cuff and a breathable, washable liner with pre-shaped heel and ankle. Viva la revolution!
LAST : 98MM
CONSTRUCTION - OVERLAP
SHELL - PU
LINER - PLATINUM TOURING
BUCKLE - 6000 SERIES ALU
- PROLITE - Prolite is a way of building boots that turns traditional thinking on its head. Instead of starting with a standard construction and cutting material away to save weight, Prolite does the opposite. It starts with the slimmest possible profile and then it builds up reinforcements in key areas where strength is needed – like the Energy Backbone down the boot spine.
- ENERGY BACKBONE - The Energy Backbone is a reinforced, asymmetric backbone in our Hawx Ultra and Hawx Ultra XTD, providing extra strength for powerful skiing plus enhanced lateral energy transmission for better edge grip.
- FRICTIONLESS PIVOT - Igus polymer bushings provide a completely natural movement for effortless ascents.
- FREE/LOCK 2.0 - These advanced Free/Lock mechanisms feature on all our touring boots, including Hawx Ultra XTD and Backland Ultimate. The magic is you can flick from ski to walk mode with one simple switch. In walk mode they offer an epic cuff movement. In ski setting you can choose 15°/17° adjustable forward lean.
- SKYWALK GRIPWALK SOLE - High-profiled slip-resistant sole ncreased walking comfort and improved natural roll thanks to curved rubber sole.
- TECH INSERTS - Low-tech inserts are integrated into the shell, making it complementary to touring bindings, so you can experience reliability and direct power transmission.
- MEMORY FIT - Atomic Memory Fit is one of the quickest heat-fitting technologies around. The key is Memolink, our special additive that improves the moldability and stretch characteristics of our plastics. Thanks to this, all three elements of the boot can adapt to the foot – shell, cuff and liner. Expansion can be up to 6mm in forefoot width and up 10mm in ankle width, resulting in a permanent and complete anatomical fit in minutes.
- 3D LINER - An anatomically pre-shaped heel and ankle area that comfortably secures the foot the moment a skier steps into the boot.
- LINER SPOILER - Adjust calf volume by adding or removing spoiler.
- SIZE ADJUSTER INCLUDED - 2mm Thick volume adjuster.
- 50mm POWER STRAP - Extra large strap to maximise power transfer.
- RANGE OF MOTION 54° - Large range of motion in touring mode allows for a more natural stride motion.