The Boom shorts are a cross between Forcefield's hugely successful Action and Board shorts. They feature a large pad of Nitrex Evo armour to cover the coccyx and buttocks. Whilst also featuring pads on the thigh and hip. The armour covers a large area which minimises the force of impacts.
The Boom shorts have been ergonomically designed to move with, and best fit your body, so the armour will stay where it needs to be and give maximum protection. These shorts also feature Forcefield's thermal BeCool technology which is breathable yet still has great thermal qualities, and features a 3 layer construction for enhanced impact protection!
Forcefield are the official body armour suppliers to both the Salomon UK freestyle ski team and the Great British Ski and Snowboard Teams - there must be something in it!
- 3 Layer Nitrex Evo Armour- This armour which spreads impact evenly across its surface
- Highly Flexible & breathable
- Breathable and lightweight
- Machine washable (with the armour removed)
- Repeat performance Technology (RPT). Armour performs the same with every impact
- BeCool, this is a polyamide fibre with integrated airflow control. Helps to maintain body temperature, and efficiently cool when necessary.
- The Lowdown
- Armour Material - Soft, flexible Nitrex Evo
- Number of Pads - 5 - 2 Thigh, 2 Hip, 1 Coccyx and Buttocks
- Fit - Close Fitted, with Draw cord waist fastener
- Certification - CE approved M15 armour (EN1621-1:1998)